In the Ik Kil Cenote, you will be able to dive into the refreshing beauty of the crystal clear Ik Kil sinkhole.
The cenote is open to the sky with the water level about 26 meters below ground level. There is a carved stairway down to a swimming platform. The cenote is about 60 meters in diameter and about 40 meters deep.
There are vines which reach from the opening all the way down to the water along with small waterfalls. There are black catfish which swim in the cenote. Cenote Ik Kil is sacred to the Mayans and they used this cenote for both relaxation and ritual services.
The cenote is part of a larger complex of a restaurant, store, changing rooms, and cottages for rent. There is also a Mayan ruin on the site.
It is open to the public for swimming and is often included in bus tours.
Ik Kil is a well known cenote outside Pisté in the Tinúm Municipality, Yucatán, Mexico. It is located in the northern center of the Yucatán Peninsula and is part of the Ik Kil Archeological Park near Chichen Itza.
You just arrived to Cancun’s airport. But now, how to get to Playa del Carmen?
Between Taxi, Shared Taxi, Bus, Shuttle Bus or Rental Car, you are spoiled for choice!
Personally, i recommend to take the ADO buses.
Let me explain you the different options.
- Bus ADO ( 180 pesos / 9 us$ ) ( 75 minutes ) : Bus ADO leaves the airport every 30 minutes in high season, every 45 minutes to an hour during low season. Prices are fixed so you don’t have to negotiate.
- Taxi ( 800 pesos / 40 us$ ) ( 50 minutes ) ( 1 to 3 people ) : There is plenty of taxis waiting for you at the airport. You should negotiate prices before getting into the taxi to avoid them to charge you more than they should.
- Shared Taxi ( 1400 pesos / 70 us$ ) ( 60 minutes ) ( 4 to 8 people ) : Shared taxis are a great option if you are 3 people with a lot of luggages, or if you are 4 to 8 people. You can also pick this option if you want to pay a little bit less than regular taxi.
- Rental Car ( from 1000 pesos/day // from 50 us$/day ) : Plenty of choices to rent a car from : Hertz, Avis, Alamo, Thrifty, Goldcar, Europcar, Cancun Car, Cancun Limo, Mex, Tipoa, Ace or Budget.
- Most All Inclusive Hotels offers free transport from the airport to Playa del Carmen